Friday, February 3, 2017

Gluten Free Baked Apples when No Pies are Allowed!






Its in the middle of winter and the groundhog saw his shadow. So that means it's time for tasty winter treats. My favorite...baked apples. Not only does it taste great but the added aroma through out the house is a bonus.






For this recipe you need the following:

Three Apples - I use red delicious
Olive Oil for Dairy Free Option and Goat Butter for Lactose Intolerant.
I used Meyenberg Goat Milk Butter
Simply Organic Cinnamon
Simply Organic Nutmeg
Morton and Bassett Organic Vanilla Extract 

Peel, and core all the apples. You can take all your frustrations of the day out on those poor apples. Don't worry they won't feel a thing!



Grease the pan with the olive oil or goat butter. I have to tell you I have been dairy free for a long time and just introduced sheep and goat dairy into my diet. The goat butter (when you haven't had it in a while) is like filet mignon!!
Now get over the butter dreams in your head and add the apples.
Pour one tablespoon over the apple slices. 
Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

A Beautiful Smelly Mess!


Serve hot over unsweetened coconut yogurt. I love the brand "So Delicious!"
Enjoy! I know I will :)






No comments:

Post a Comment